A new version of Azure AD Connect has just been released; 2016 February, build 188.8.131.52
This version introduces a series of new and highly sought out features, including the option to configure Domain and OU filtering during the installation wizard process, an automatic upgrade feature (only for Express configuration), and a reduction of the default sync interval from 3 hours to 30 minutes (though still in preview).
Full set of new features and fixes:
- Automatic upgrade feature for Express settings customers.
- Support for the global admin using MFA and PIM in the installation wizard.
- You need to allow your proxy to also allow traffic to https://secure.aadcdn.microsoftonline-p.com if you use MFA.
- You need to add https://secure.aadcdn.microsoftonline-p.com to your trusted sites list for MFA to properly work.
- Allow changing the user’s sign-in method after initial install.
- Allow Domain and OU filtering in the installation wizard.
This also allows connecting to forests where not all domains are available.
- Scheduler is built-in to the sync engine.
Features promoted from preview to GA:
- Device writeback.
- Directory extensions.
New preview features:
- The new default sync cycle interval is 30 minutes, lowered from 3 hours in earlier releases.
Adds support to change the scheduler behavior.
- The verify DNS domains page didn’t always recognize the domains.
- Prompts for domain admin credentials when configuring ADFS .
- The on-premises AD accounts are not recognized by the installation wizard if located in a domain with a different DNS tree than the root domain.