Microsoft has released the latest increment of Azure AD Connect, which is used to integrate your on-premises directories with the Azure AD.
The latest release contains a significant number of fixes and improvements, including changes to the *-ADSyncSyncCycle cmdlets.
Full set of fixes:
- Changes to sync interval does not take place until after next sync cycle completes.
- Azure AD Connect wizard does not accept Azure AD account whose username starts with an underscore (_).
- Azure AD Connect wizard fails to authenticate Azure AD account provided if account password contains too many special characters. Error message “Unable to validate credentials. An unexpected error has occurred.” is returned.
- Uninstalling staging server disables password synchronization in Azure AD tenant and causes password synchronization to fail with active server.
- Password synchronization fails in uncommon cases when there is no password hash stored on the user.
- When Azure AD Connect server is enabled for staging mode, password writeback is not temporarily disabled.
- Azure AD Connect wizard does not show the actual password synchronization and password writeback configuration when server is in staging mode. It always shows them as disabled.
- Configuration changes to password synchronization and password writeback are not persisted by Azure AD Connect wizard when server is in staging mode.
- Updated Start-ADSyncSyncCycle cmdlet to indicate whether it is able to successfully start a new sync cycle or not.
- Added Stop-ADSyncSyncCycle cmdlet to terminate sync cycle and operation which are currently in progress.
- Updated Stop-ADSyncScheduler cmdlet to terminate sync cycle and operation which are currently in progress.
- When configuring Directory Extensions in Azure AD Connect wizard, AD attribute of type “Teletex string” can now be selected.
Also, as previous mentioned in this previous article, remember that the original DirSync and the subsequent Azure AD Sync are now deprecated, and both products will reach End-of–Support by 13. April 2017.
Get the latest version of Azure AD Connect here.